There are not many people in Wilson who do not get excited by the prospect of buying a new car. This excitement can sometimes be deflated by the whole finance thing. If your credit history is not so good, or basically non-existent, then you may need to find a bad credit car loan.
The fact is buying a car for most people is one of the biggest purchases they will ever make. Owning a car is kind of like a right of passage for a lot of people, and definitely a sign of “coming of age” for most teenagers. Let face it, we all need a reliable car to get around, and most of us would rather drive a nice new or late car than an old bomb. But nice new or late model cars are obviously a lot more expensive than old cars, and that means that most of us will require some sort of auto loan. The problem is that if you have a poor credit history, or have not had time to establish a good credit record, then its going to feel like the whole financial system has it in for you. Unfortunately banks and most financial or lending businesses do not look favorably on people with no or bad credit history.
When buying a car, some things to keep in mind may include. If you are planning to buy a used car, get a friendly mechanic to give it a once over. Keep in mind additional costs such as insurance, registration etc. And most importantly, to enjoy the pride and freedom that owning your own car creates.
How Do You Know What Kind of Loan is Right For You in Wilson?
What Are First Time Buyer Auto Loan Programs?
Whether you are buying your first new or used car or are planning to apply for online auto loans for the first time, understanding how automobile dealerships and lenders see you, and what you can do to improve that image, can help you to be prepared in advance of applying for online auto loans for the first time, so that you will be in a better position to get approved for an car loan with a lower interest rate and better terms. After all, you want your monthly auto loan payment to be the lowest it can possibly be, right?
Who might apply for first time buyer car loans? Some people that first time auto loan programs can help could be:
* Teenagers, personally buying their first car in their own name will need to apply for first time buyer auto loans as they have no credit history behind them
* College students living away from home for the first time frequently have not had time to build a credit history before leaving for school and so will often need to apply for first time buyer car loan programs
* People that have always paid cash for a vehicles in the past, but now want to upgrade to a newer one or are forced to take out automobile loan because they do not have the cash funds to buy a vehicle at present
* Immigrants that have moved here from other countries, and thus have left their credit histories behind, may need to apply for first time auto loan programs in order to start building a credit history
Not All First Time Auto Loan Borrowers are in the Same Boat
The first thing to realize is that not all first time borrowers are in the same boat. There can be a lot of differing factors that can either work in your favor, or against you when you are applying for online auto financing. For instance:
* Are you employed full or part time? If you are not employed, do you have an income? Not being employed is not necessarily a game stopper, but if you plan to have your name on the title of the car and on the auto finance, you will need to demonstrate that you have either a job, regular income, or other funds that you will be paying your monthly auto loan payment from. Of course, the higher that your income is, the easier it will be to qualify for lower interest rate first time buyer auto loan programs.
* Do you have no credit history, because you are just starting out your financial life, or do you have a bad credit history/low credit score because you have had a few credit slip-ups in the past? Dealerships will certainly work with you in either case. However, if you have a low credit score, depending on how bad your credit history is, the dealership may be inclined to offer you a higher rate of interest and a lower credit limit on first time buyer auto loans as opposed to someone that has not made any credit mistakes in their financial life yet.
Note, see our recent article entitled "How to Get Approved for an Auto Loan with Bad Credit if you have Low Income" to learn how to get unwanted items removed from your credit report to bring up your credit score.
* Will you have any funds available to make a down payment on your auto loan? Whether you are applying for first time buyer auto loans, or if you have had auto loans in the past and just need another one now, what every auto dealership or lender is going to take into consideration when assessing your application and the items on this list is; how much of a risk are they taking in making an auto loan to you and what if anything can they get you to do to mitigate that risk. Making a down payment is one thing that you can do to mitigate the dealership's risk, making them more likely to quickly approve your automobile loan and to give you a more reasonable interest rate. In addition, a down payment will obviously bring down what you owe on the vehicle and so your monthly payments will be lower and more affordable. Down payments are usually not required to get online auto loans, but they can be very helpful when negotiating with a dealership. Even a small down payment can make a difference in how the dealership sees you.
* Is there someone that you know that would be willing to cosign for you on your auto loan? Cosigners are not required in order to get online auto loans, even if you have bad credit or no credit history at all. However, the use of a cosigner can save you a lot of money and make the application process go much more quickly and smoothly. A cosigner is someone that puts their name on your loan application along with yours, guaranteeing that the loan will be repaid. The limit and maximum amount of your automotive loan will be determined by the cosigner's income and credit standing, not yours. So, if you choose to have a cosigner, make sure to pick one that has a high credit score. With a cosigner, there is really no need to look for first time buyer auto loans because you will be treated by the dealership as though the higher credit score and income were yours.
* What is the ratio of your monthly housing payment as compared to your income? A little known fact is that auto dealerships and lenders pay attention to this number. For instance, if you make $1,000 per month income, and your monthly housing cost is $300, then your housing cost takes 30% of your income. Anything over 40% will send up a red flag to the dealership/lender and they may need convincing that you can make your monthly payments on time. Take this into consideration when you complete your auto finance application.
Taking the above items into consideration, you should be able to get a clearer picture of how automotive dealerships and automotive loan lenders see you, and what you can do to control that image, at least to some extent. Once you have submitted your application, the die has been cast and you will see what the dealership offers you at that point.
It is important to be smart when applying for first time buyer auto loan programs and to take any advantage available to you, regardless if you are applying for auto loans online or in the dealership itself. Be prepared. After all, how high or low that your car payments will be every month for probably several years will depend on it.
If You Are Paying Too Much You May Be Eligible For A Refinance Car Loan Rate
Facing constant rejection because of your bad credit history? Do you believe that low interest rates are just reserved for people with good credit? Do you think buying a car is just a distant dream for you?
Well, this piece of information can provide you relief and substantially increase your chances of getting an affordable auto loan. Last month Reuters ran published an article titled, "Car lenders ease credit standards and terms to spur loans". It mentions that lenders consider car loans safe in comparison to mortgage and credit card loans. Also, lenders are now offering lenient credit terms due to weak credit demand. One of the credit bureaus, Experian, mentioned that percentage of new car loans offered to sub-prime borrowers increased by 11.4% this quarter compared to last year. This means people with bad credit can even buy a new car without any trouble.
So, getting bad credit car loans has become possible today. There is no better time to buy the car of your choice. But, are you still unsure of getting an affordable car loan? If you are still in doubts, make use of these strategies and not only get instant approval on your bad credit car loan but also avail the lowest possible rates.
Preparation Is the Key
Buying a car is major decision because you spend your life-savings on it. It is a commitment of making regular payments. You just cannot go to a dealer without thorough research. So, before purchasing a car or applying for an auto loan, here are few important things that demand your attention.
Clean-Up Your Finances First
Whenever you want to buy a car, do not just rush into the decision. You must sign the dotted line only after you are sure of what you are getting into. There have been instances where lenders have duped innocuous borrowers on the pretext of bad credit score.
It is always important to study your credit report before visiting the lender's office. You can get a free annual copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport.com. Study all the entries and dispute for any unwarranted transactions and errors. It is a known fact that credit bureaus commit mistakes while calculating your credit scores. You can improve your credit by removing all the errors. Also, start making payments on your debts. Even if you can pay-off a few of your debts, it will have a positive impact on your credit score. Doing all this requires time and that's why you must comprehensively plan your car purchase and avoid a hasty decision.
Down Payment to Down Your Rates
The initial upfront amount that you pay for buying a car can be a useful way of reducing interest rates. Making a substantial down payment of ten to twenty percent can lower your loan amount and thus, the lender's risk. Also, the lender will be assured of your financial stability. This will definitely bring down your car loan cost.
Co-Signer - A Comforting Thought For the Lender
When you have someone to co-sign your car loan contract, the lender is assured of his money. This is so because he can get it from the co-signer if you miss out on payments. Finding a co-signer is a bit tough but if you can manage one, it would work wonders for your car loan.
If you just cannot find a co-signer, you can avail auto loans without co-signer which come with slightly higher interest rates. Nonetheless, it is important that you exhaust all your options before opting for no co-signer car loans.
Online Bad Credit Car Loans - A Better Option
An online bad credit car loan offers you the option of getting an auto loan without leaving the comfort of your house. You can apply by logging in to your computer. Online car financing companies are a perfect choice because banks do not entertain people with poor credit. To avail money from a credit union, you need to be its member. When you apply for a car loan from an online auto financing company, you have the option of comparing several auto loan quotes. This is not possible when you avail dealership financing.
Also, online auto financing companies work with several sub-prime lenders which make it easier for them to process your auto loan application. This drastically improves your chances of getting a low interest bad credit auto loan.
How to Choose Your Bad Credit Car Loans?
Choosing a bad credit car loan is easy if you carefully read the vehicle loan contract. It is essential that you do not just focus on low interest rates, but instead look at the bigger picture. Calculate Annual Percentage Ratio (APR) which will tell you the interest rate for a whole year instead of the usual monthly rate. It also considers fees like loan origination fees and other miscellaneous expenses which will give you a better idea of the cost of car loan.
Check for any pre-payment penalty because it can significantly increase your expenses if you decide to pay-off your loan early. Ensure that the lender is a reputed name in the auto financing industry.
A little bit of caution can take you a long way in securing the best auto loan option. Bad credit is never an issue if you know how to tackle it. These strategies and important cues will help you get easy approval on your car loan application.
Remember bad credit is just your history; it is in your hands to write your future. Go out there and turn your car dream into reality!