There are not many people in Bar Nunn who do not get excited by the prospect of buying a new car. This excitement can sometimes be deflated by the whole finance thing. If your credit history is not so good, or basically non-existent, then you may need to find a bad credit car loan.
The fact is buying a car for most people is one of the biggest purchases they will ever make. Owning a car is kind of like a right of passage for a lot of people, and definitely a sign of “coming of age” for most teenagers. Let face it, we all need a reliable car to get around, and most of us would rather drive a nice new or late car than an old bomb. But nice new or late model cars are obviously a lot more expensive than old cars, and that means that most of us will require some sort of auto loan. The problem is that if you have a poor credit history, or have not had time to establish a good credit record, then its going to feel like the whole financial system has it in for you. Unfortunately banks and most financial or lending businesses do not look favorably on people with no or bad credit history.
When buying a car, some things to keep in mind may include. If you are planning to buy a used car, get a friendly mechanic to give it a once over. Keep in mind additional costs such as insurance, registration etc. And most importantly, to enjoy the pride and freedom that owning your own car creates.
How Do You Know What Kind of Loan is Right For You in Bar Nunn?
What Are First Time Buyer Auto Loan Programs?
Whether you are buying your first new or used car or are planning to apply for online auto loans for the first time, understanding how automobile dealerships and lenders see you, and what you can do to improve that image, can help you to be prepared in advance of applying for online auto loans for the first time, so that you will be in a better position to get approved for an car loan with a lower interest rate and better terms. After all, you want your monthly auto loan payment to be the lowest it can possibly be, right?
Who might apply for first time buyer car loans? Some people that first time auto loan programs can help could be:
* Teenagers, personally buying their first car in their own name will need to apply for first time buyer auto loans as they have no credit history behind them
* College students living away from home for the first time frequently have not had time to build a credit history before leaving for school and so will often need to apply for first time buyer car loan programs
* People that have always paid cash for a vehicles in the past, but now want to upgrade to a newer one or are forced to take out automobile loan because they do not have the cash funds to buy a vehicle at present
* Immigrants that have moved here from other countries, and thus have left their credit histories behind, may need to apply for first time auto loan programs in order to start building a credit history
Not All First Time Auto Loan Borrowers are in the Same Boat
The first thing to realize is that not all first time borrowers are in the same boat. There can be a lot of differing factors that can either work in your favor, or against you when you are applying for online auto financing. For instance:
* Are you employed full or part time? If you are not employed, do you have an income? Not being employed is not necessarily a game stopper, but if you plan to have your name on the title of the car and on the auto finance, you will need to demonstrate that you have either a job, regular income, or other funds that you will be paying your monthly auto loan payment from. Of course, the higher that your income is, the easier it will be to qualify for lower interest rate first time buyer auto loan programs.
* Do you have no credit history, because you are just starting out your financial life, or do you have a bad credit history/low credit score because you have had a few credit slip-ups in the past? Dealerships will certainly work with you in either case. However, if you have a low credit score, depending on how bad your credit history is, the dealership may be inclined to offer you a higher rate of interest and a lower credit limit on first time buyer auto loans as opposed to someone that has not made any credit mistakes in their financial life yet.
Note, see our recent article entitled "How to Get Approved for an Auto Loan with Bad Credit if you have Low Income" to learn how to get unwanted items removed from your credit report to bring up your credit score.
* Will you have any funds available to make a down payment on your auto loan? Whether you are applying for first time buyer auto loans, or if you have had auto loans in the past and just need another one now, what every auto dealership or lender is going to take into consideration when assessing your application and the items on this list is; how much of a risk are they taking in making an auto loan to you and what if anything can they get you to do to mitigate that risk. Making a down payment is one thing that you can do to mitigate the dealership's risk, making them more likely to quickly approve your automobile loan and to give you a more reasonable interest rate. In addition, a down payment will obviously bring down what you owe on the vehicle and so your monthly payments will be lower and more affordable. Down payments are usually not required to get online auto loans, but they can be very helpful when negotiating with a dealership. Even a small down payment can make a difference in how the dealership sees you.
* Is there someone that you know that would be willing to cosign for you on your auto loan? Cosigners are not required in order to get online auto loans, even if you have bad credit or no credit history at all. However, the use of a cosigner can save you a lot of money and make the application process go much more quickly and smoothly. A cosigner is someone that puts their name on your loan application along with yours, guaranteeing that the loan will be repaid. The limit and maximum amount of your automotive loan will be determined by the cosigner's income and credit standing, not yours. So, if you choose to have a cosigner, make sure to pick one that has a high credit score. With a cosigner, there is really no need to look for first time buyer auto loans because you will be treated by the dealership as though the higher credit score and income were yours.
* What is the ratio of your monthly housing payment as compared to your income? A little known fact is that auto dealerships and lenders pay attention to this number. For instance, if you make $1,000 per month income, and your monthly housing cost is $300, then your housing cost takes 30% of your income. Anything over 40% will send up a red flag to the dealership/lender and they may need convincing that you can make your monthly payments on time. Take this into consideration when you complete your auto finance application.
Taking the above items into consideration, you should be able to get a clearer picture of how automotive dealerships and automotive loan lenders see you, and what you can do to control that image, at least to some extent. Once you have submitted your application, the die has been cast and you will see what the dealership offers you at that point.
It is important to be smart when applying for first time buyer auto loan programs and to take any advantage available to you, regardless if you are applying for auto loans online or in the dealership itself. Be prepared. After all, how high or low that your car payments will be every month for probably several years will depend on it.
Refinance Car Loan - Situations That Call For a New Car Loan
Having a new car is one of the biggest achievements that most people can have. Other than financing education and buying a home, there is really nothing else that can compare to the huge expenditure that comes with purchasing a new car.
Therefore, only a few people can really afford to pay for a car outright. Most people rely on car financing in order to purchase a new car. But with the many car financing options available nowadays, it is wise to research thoroughly for a car financing company that offers the best rates.
Most car financing companies offer better deals compared to local car dealers. While it is convenient to have your car dealer provide you with the loan and plan, it is still better to get pre-approval from a car financing company because they offer more reasonable interest rates and payment options. To choose the car financing company with which to conduct your transactions, you have to consider two things: their rates and reliability.
Car financing companies vary on the interest rates they offer to customers. If they have seen that you have good credit history, the interest rate on your car financing loan may not be as high compared to a person with bad credit history. And if you really want to secure car financing with low interest rates, you should try looking for an online car financing company. By applying for your loan online, you save the company time and money, thus the savings from the cost of doing business are passed on to you.
In addition, you should also check the credibility of the company, especially if you want to do your transactions online. You have to make sure that the company you choose has been in operation for years. Aside from this, you can also ask your colleagues and friends who have already secured car financing from a car financing company about their experiences in loan application. They can recommend a suitable company to you.
Finding a car financing company for your loan application can be difficult if you do not know what to consider and where to start your search. But if you go online and ask trusted sources for their recommendations, you can easily compare car financing rates and select the best deal for you.